What is Story Place?
Story Place is a collaborative platform linking communities with the history and heritage of the places they live and work. It is a place for everyone to share stories and to engage with existing datasets produced by government and cultural institutions such as libraries, museums, archives and historical societies.
Many Australians have a keen interest in the past and have stories to share. Australia’s government agencies and other cultural institutions have accumulated a wealth of historical data sets. The vision of Story Place is to provide a forum where individual stories and formal heritage data can meet.
- Open up your stories
- Open up your treasures
- Map based
- Search engine tool
- A story that needs a home.
- Stories take place at locations
- Stories relating to home steads – who worked there? Who owned it?
- Stories feed back into Trove
Who are the Users?
- Small museums
- Local historical societies
- Families with history that they want to share
- Great for school projects
- Town Planners
- Indigenous Groups
The Story Place Database Schema
Who we are
Michael McCarthy | Nick Pitt | Alex Pescud | Luke Tuxford | Keely McCarthy